Podcast Episode #3 A Sports Dietetics Career with Accredited Sports Dietitian, Simone Austin
In this episode, Leah interviews Simone Austin, Accredited Sports Dietitian (Aus-Dietetics), Speaker and Author of ‘Eat Like an Athlete’.
Simone is a great example of someone who has a portfolio career – she works full-time hours but spread across several different roles and organisations. Simone has worked with elite athletes since she commenced her career and has worked with Cricket Australia, Melbourne Rebels, Melbourne Storm as well as over 11 years with Hawthorn Football Club, enjoying three premiership wins.
Simone also works as a writer, presenter and ambassador for Swisse Wellness, in addition to being President of the Sports Dietitians Association.
In this episode Simone discussed her career journey to date, as well as answering specific questions including:
- How did you come to work in elite sport?
- What are the highs and lows of working with athletes?
- What is the difference between being a Dietitian and a Nutritionist?
- How she came to writer her book ‘Eat Like An Athlete’
- What advice do you have for students looking to pursue a career in Dietetics?
If you are interested in a career within Sports Dietetics, you can join Sports Dietitian Australia as a student or associate member.
For more information or to connect with Simone, please check out the links below:
Simone’s website: https://www.simoneaustin.com.au
Facebook: Simone Austin Dietitian