Interview Coaching – Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Noosa & via Zoom
Master your Interview Skills & Interview Preparation
With 40+ years of recruitment, human resources and interview coaching experience between us, we understand what hiring managers are looking for, and will coach you to ‘think like a recruiter’.
Interview Coaching sessions are tailored for the individual and are currently available face-to-face in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane & Noosa or via Zoom.
Who do we work with?
We have had great success over the past five years coaching individuals for:
- Behavioural / competency-based ‘STAR’ interviews
- Firefighter Interviews (FRV, Air Services, NSW Fire Services, TFS, DFES and QLD Fire & Emergency Services)
- Emergency Services including Police (Recruit to Inspector level), Paramedic/MICA (Ambulance Victoria & NSW Ambulance) and Border Force.
- Government panel interviews
- Clerkship, Graduate or Internship interviews (Legal, Accounting & Finance, Banking, Government, IT, Engineering, Human Resources)
- Manager, Senior Manager and Executive interviews
- Airlines – Pilots, Cabin Crew and Pilot Graduate Programs
- Medical specialities; Intensive Care, Anaesthetics, Nursing, Pharmacy, Obstetrics, Sports Medicine, Pharmacy & Oncology
We also regularly coach candidates from other job functions including Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Teaching/Education, IT, Engineering, Customer Service, Executive Assistants/Administration, Customer Service, Retail and Design.
Graduate/Internship Coaching – Interview Coaching & Group/Virtual Assessment Preparation
In addition to behavioural interview coaching, we can also provide coaching sessions that will help individuals prepare for assessment centres as part of the graduate interview assessment process.
Assessment centre coaching sessions are suitable for graduates applying for graduate programs, high potential employees and all other candidates undergoing a general recruitment process that involves an assessment centre.
Group or Virtual Assessment – Typical Activities
These coaching sessions will help you prepare for activities including the following typical activities:
- Group problem-solving exercise – this is a group activity that tests team and leadership behaviours. A team is given a set of instructions and a goal to achieve within a certain time limit. For example, you might be put into teams and asked to construct something.
- Case study assessments – this is a business-focused issue or problem which needs to be solved. It tests both consulting and capability skills as well as behavioural competencies. This includes frameworks like SWOT and PESTLE.
- Individual and/or group presentations – these are often given as part of a case study exercise where you’ll be asked to present your conclusions as part of a group. Alternatively, you might be asked to prepare an individual presentation in advance and give it on the day.
- Written task – you can sometimes be asked to write recommendations or conclusions to a case study exercise instead of giving a presentation. Alternatively, you might be set a writing task such as composing an email or business report.
- Social break – Some assessment centres span over the period of half a day to up to 2 days. Remember not to drop your guard during these social breaks. Employers often use these breaks (lunch/dinner) to assess your interpersonal skills and your business knowledge.
What you will learn in a coaching session?
In this tailored coaching session you will gain valuable knowledge and insight into the following:
- The typical structure of assessment centres and the main activities
- An understanding of the key capabilities each activity typically aims to assess
- Examples and opportunities to practice technical frameworks used in case study activities, ie SWOT and PESTLE analysis
- Frameworks and guidance on how to present or write with impact
- Identify which activities will likely align with your strengths and which are likely to reveal areas for development
- Understand how to leverage your strengths
- Help identify your development areas, build strategies and practice going outside your comfort zone
- Insight into the common pitfalls of assessment centres and how to avoid being “tripped up”
- Find out what to expect and how to succeed in virtual assessment centres
Contact us via the Contact page to organise a coaching session or to speak with one of our highly experienced coaches.
I highly recommend this company. Clare was my interview coach and she was amazing. I’ve learned so much for the session and just landed the job of my dream.
Tara, Graduate Accountant, Melbourne
I just wanted to say thanks for the interview coaching session during the week. I found your tips and the resources you supplied after the session to be really helpful and used these to practice my responses over the past few days. I completed the Digital Interview today and it went really well. I will definitely let you know the outcome as soon as I hear. Once again thank you for your help and support.
Hope you’ve had a good week.
Just wanted to let you know that I landed the job I interviewed for today.
The preparation we worked on together was very helpful! They asked lots of questions that we discussed in our session.
Thanks so much for all your help on Wednesday. It really helped me a lot and contributed to the positive outcome I was hoping for.
Lara, Learning & Development Manager, Melbourne
I just wanted to say thanks for the great session last week. I feel so much more confident preparing for interviews now and have a much better understanding of behavioural questions and how to use STAR correctly. I will definitely be back to do a mock interview before my next interview.
Josie, Law Student, Melbourne
Guess what? I got the job with Airservices!!!! Woohoo. I start in 3 weeks!!!!! So excited. I also passed the interview with Queensland Fire Service as well…. thanks so much for all of your help!!!!
Relaunch your career with Leah – it’s the best investment you can do to get yourself ready for the job market! After two unsuccessful interviews for a teaching position, I knew I had to get help. I wanted to apply for my dream job at the age of 50+ and through the webpage I discovered Leah. From the moment I made contact with her and throughout the process she inspired with her enthusiasm and proactive approach. She took me step by step through the application process, studied the job description to align my strengths and skills to match the position and in a kind and professional manner thoroughly prepared me for the interview process. Pressed for time in order to apply on time, I was most impressed by Leah’s timely help and advice on short notice, which included work after hours. When I got invited for the interview, I was able to identify the type of questions and confidently formulate appropriate responses. It goes without saying that I nailed the interview – and was appointed! Leah comes highly recommended.
Ingrid Beck, Teacher, Melbourne
I got the position! Thank you SO much for your help – it most definitely made a difference to my confidence. I am over the moon!
Tara, Teacher, Melbourne
I met with Leah Lambart for interview coaching in April 2017. Faced with the daunting prospect of my first interview in a period of over eight years, and needed to see a professional interview coach to assist in my preparation. Leah spent time with me, in a relaxed and comfortable environment, to go over the position description, in order to assess key questions which might come up during the interview. Leah gave me ideas on how to answer ‘tricky’ questions, along with documents that outlined suggestions, too.
Importantly, Leah armed me with questions that I could ask at the end of the interview, that would assist in creating a dialogue and a sense of connection with those on the interview panel. All-in-all, I came out of my session with Leah, armed with self-confidence due to her detailed and clever preparation.
She followed up with a phone call, a few hours after my interview, to enquire about my thoughts on how I fared. I’d happily recommend Leah to anyone who’s seeking a career change, or more particularly, mums like me who are needing to get back into the paid workforce after a break due to child-rearing. Leah knows her industry very well, and you know you’re in good hands. She’ll guide you carefully and kindly all the way through the process. Thank you, Leah!
Linda, Content Writer, Melbourne
Great news, I heard back from the CFA and have been successful! Found out just before Christmas. I couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas present. I start next February and can’t wait.
Thanks again for all your help – it made all the difference.
Damien, CFA Recruit, Melbourne
For over two years I had been trying to break through the job ceiling into a higher managerial role and also cross over into a new discipline. My applications were getting me interviews but I couldn’t convert these opportunities into job offers – the excuse of not enough experience always being the feedback.
After one coaching session with Leah I received a job offer from the very next interview I had. Her advice and guidance about how to structure answers, think more clearly, how to best apply my experience to new fields and provide responses that panels are seeking to hear was the sole difference than my previous attempts.
Leah also went an extra mile by volunteering further help in providing resources how best to respond to psychometric testing. This was completely unprompted but allowed me to comprehensively prepare for not only my interview but testing as well. After twelve previous attempts it was purely Leah’s help that enabled me to convert an interview into job offer and finally break the job ceiling.
John, Urban Planner, Melbourne
Hi Leah, I got the call from the MFB yesterday and am progressing through to medicals. Super pumped at the moment.
Thankyou so much for helping me out. Couldn’t have done it without you.
Gerald, MFB Recruit, Melbourne
Leah, thanks for the interview coaching session. Just to let you know that I was offered the post at the hospital in Queensland, which I intend to take. Thank you for your part in securing this job.
John, Anaesthetist, Melbourne
I just wanted to say how helpful the interview coaching session was last week. I went well in the interview and found all of your advice very useful. I had so much more confidence this time around.
Nathan, Graduate Arts Student, Melbourne
Thanks for all your career guidance. I interviewed for a job in corporate affairs and they have just offered me the job. I wouldn’t have thought to apply for a job like this without your help. Thank you!
Ash, Lawyer, Melbourne
Without Leah’s guidance, I would not have been able to walk into my interview so confidently. The personal nature of her sessions were invaluable – she steers you in the right direction to not only consider the types of questions that might be asked, but more importantly how to best answer them. Her timely response to emails/calls and overall professionalism was exceptional. If you’re looking for guidance or simply want genuine feedback, Leah will support you all the way.
Lucy, Medical School Applicant
Thanks Leah, your assistance and advice about improving my interview skills was invaluable. Some work to do on my side, but I now know the direction to go in.
Sharleen, Financial Controller
Join the Relaunch Me Academy
Join us now to receive 'The Must-Have Job Search Guide' as well as exclusive access to the Relaunch Me Academy with other freebies, products and upcoming courses.