Interview Coaching – Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Noosa & via Zoom
Master your Interview Skills & Interview Preparation
With 40+ years of recruitment, human resources and interview coaching experience between us, we understand what hiring managers are looking for, and will coach you to ‘think like a recruiter’.
Interview Coaching sessions are tailored for the individual and are currently available face-to-face in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane & Noosa or via Zoom.
Who do we work with?
We have had great success over the past five years coaching individuals for:
- Behavioural / competency-based ‘STAR’ interviews
- Firefighter Interviews (FRV, Air Services, NSW Fire Services, TFS, DFES and QLD Fire & Emergency Services (QFES))
- Emergency Services including Police (Recruit to Inspector level), Paramedic/MICA (Ambulance Victoria & NSW Ambulance) and Border Force.
- Government panel interviews
- Clerkship, Graduate or Internship interviews (Legal, Accounting & Finance, Banking, Government, IT, Engineering, Human Resources)
- Manager, Senior Manager and Executive interviews
- Airlines – Pilots, Cabin Crew and Pilot Graduate Programs
- Medical specialities; Intensive Care, Anaesthetics, Nursing, Pharmacy, Obstetrics, Sports Medicine, Pharmacy & Oncology, Vascular, Orthopaedics
We also regularly coach candidates from other job functions including Accounting, Legal, Human Resources, Sales & Marketing, Teaching/Education, IT, Engineering, Customer Service, Executive Assistants/Administration, Customer Service, Retail and Design.
Contact us via the Contact page to organise a coaching session or to speak with one of our highly experienced interview coaches in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane or on the Sunshine Coast (Noosa).
I just wanted to say thanks for the interview coaching session during the week. I found your tips and the resources you supplied after the session to be really helpful and used these to practice my responses over the past few days. I completed the Digital Interview today and it went really well. I will definitely let you know the outcome as soon as I hear. Once again thank you for your help and support.
Hope you’ve had a good week.
Just wanted to let you know that I landed the job I interviewed for today.
The preparation we worked on together was very helpful! They asked lots of questions that we discussed in our session.
Thanks so much for all your help on Wednesday. It really helped me a lot and contributed to the positive outcome I was hoping for.
I just wanted to say thanks for the great session last week. I feel so much more confident preparing for interviews now and have a much better understanding of behavioural questions and how to use STAR correctly. I will definitely be back to do a mock interview before my next interview.
Guess what? I got the job with Airservices!!!! Woohoo. I start in 3 weeks!!!!! So excited. I also passed the interview with Queensland Fire Service as well…. thanks so much for all of your help!!!!
Relaunch your career with Leah – it’s the best investment you can do to get yourself ready for the job market! After two unsuccessful interviews for a teaching position, I knew I had to get help. I wanted to apply for my dream job at the age of 50+ and through the webpage I discovered Leah. From the moment I made contact with her and throughout the process she inspired with her enthusiasm and proactive approach. She took me step by step through the application process, studied the job description to align my strengths and skills to match the position and in a kind and professional manner thoroughly prepared me for the interview process. Pressed for time in order to apply on time, I was most impressed by Leah’s timely help and advice on short notice, which included work after hours. When I got invited for the interview, I was able to identify the type of questions and confidently formulate appropriate responses. It goes without saying that I nailed the interview – and was appointed! Leah comes highly recommended.
I got the position! Thank you SO much for your help – it most definitely made a difference to my confidence. I am over the moon!
I met with Leah Lambart for interview coaching in April 2017. Faced with the daunting prospect of my first interview in a period of over eight years, and needed to see a professional interview coach to assist in my preparation. Leah spent time with me, in a relaxed and comfortable environment, to go over the position description, in order to assess key questions which might come up during the interview. Leah gave me ideas on how to answer ‘tricky’ questions, along with documents that outlined suggestions, too.
Importantly, Leah armed me with questions that I could ask at the end of the interview, that would assist in creating a dialogue and a sense of connection with those on the interview panel. All-in-all, I came out of my session with Leah, armed with self-confidence due to her detailed and clever preparation.
She followed up with a phone call, a few hours after my interview, to enquire about my thoughts on how I fared. I’d happily recommend Leah to anyone who’s seeking a career change, or more particularly, mums like me who are needing to get back into the paid workforce after a break due to child-rearing. Leah knows her industry very well, and you know you’re in good hands. She’ll guide you carefully and kindly all the way through the process. Thank you, Leah!
Great news, I heard back from the CFA and have been successful! Found out just before Christmas. I couldn’t have asked for a better Christmas present. I start next February and can’t wait.
Thanks again for all your help – it made all the difference.
For over two years I had been trying to break through the job ceiling into a higher managerial role and also cross over into a new discipline. My applications were getting me interviews but I couldn’t convert these opportunities into job offers – the excuse of not enough experience always being the feedback.
After one coaching session with Leah I received a job offer from the very next interview I had. Her advice and guidance about how to structure answers, think more clearly, how to best apply my experience to new fields and provide responses that panels are seeking to hear was the sole difference than my previous attempts.
Leah also went an extra mile by volunteering further help in providing resources how best to respond to psychometric testing. This was completely unprompted but allowed me to comprehensively prepare for not only my interview but testing as well. After twelve previous attempts it was purely Leah’s help that enabled me to convert an interview into job offer and finally break the job ceiling.
Thankyou so much for helping me out. Couldn’t have done it without you.
Take Advantage of Our Experience in Interview Coaching
Relaunch Me takes interview coaching exceptionally seriously – after all, an interview may be the single opportunity you have to impress your potential employers, which is why it is critical that you get it absolutely right. The services we offer even extend to interview training online. No matter where you are, as long as you have an internet connection, you can take advantage of the training we offer. All interview coaching sessions are tailored to meet your individual needs and are customised according to the industry and level with which you are interviewing.
Benefits of Professional Interview Coaching
We’ve all been in the nerve-wracking position of preparing for a job interview, and whether it’s your first or you’ve lost count, it never seems to get any easier. Our interview training is based on over four decades of combined experience that we have accumulated. We have first-hand knowledge of what hiring managers want in a prospective employee, and part of our coaching involves teaching you to think like a recruiter.
- Firstly, your job interview coaching will be tailored to meet your needs. We do not believe in a ’one size fits all’ approach. We are all different, as are our strengths and weaknesses. We will work closely with you to identify your abilities in terms of the transferable, experience, strengths and technical expertise that you can offer any prospective employer.
- Our coaching presents numerous benefits, from making a great first impression to anticipating likely questions based on the key competencies of the role and identifying what the interviewer wants to hear. We offer advice on how you can manage your nerves, build your confidence, and anticipate possible questions so that you can provide targeted answers.
- Perhaps you have been out of the workforce for a while, or you’ve been going for interviews without any success. Our coaching will help you work through any specific issues, as well as identify the strengths you can take advantage of to show that you are by far the best candidate for the job.
The Importance of Interview Techniques Training
It is vital to understand that potential employers will use a range of different interview techniques. The better prepared you are for an interview, the less you need to worry about these techniques. You can simply concentrate on engaging with the person interviewing you and ensuring that you have identified your strengths and any qualities you possess that make you the best candidate for the job.
- It makes no difference if you choose to complete your interview training online via Zoom or face to face with one of our coaches. We will work through various techniques that we feel are suited to your abilities and the industry for which you are interviewing.
- The STAR method is popular. The behavioural interviewing style of interviews where candidates are expected to use the STAR method when responding is now used by up to 90% of employers in the recruitment process. In this type of interview, candidates will be asked for a very specific example of how they have dealt with a particular situation in the past, what their task was and what actions they took to get the desired result. This style of interviewing requires thorough preparation and this is how our coaches can help. We will help you anticipate the behavioural questions that you will be asked and then help you formulate detailed examples that match what the recruiter wants to hear.
- Here, you will be asked about a situation in which you had a task to accomplish. You will need to identify this task and elaborate on your actions to ensure that you completed the job. Finally, you will need to explain what the result or outcome of the task was. More recruiters are looking for evidence of a solid behavioural track record in previous employment, whether your previous job was in the same industry or not. It will be advantageous if you can provide examples of situations where you displayed initiative, teamwork, leadership, customer service, or good planning to achieve your task.
Services We Offer in Addition to Interview Skills Training
- Our personal development coaching is an excellent tool to help you better understand how you think and behave. We will also suggest strategies you can use to improve your effectiveness. When you start using the insights you gain, you will notice improvements in your personal and professional relationships, as well as in your decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
- Getting an interview for a job you want is an achievement, but you may never get there if your resume is not up to scratch. Our qualified resume writers will tailor your resume to include vital industry-relevant keywords and phrases, showcasing your skills and achievements. The resumes and cover letters we provide are ATS-compliant and are presented in a consistent and modern format. Our writers are highly experienced, with recruitment backgrounds. You may be interested to learn that 92 percent of the resumes we write succeed in getting the candidate through for an interview.
Why Trust Relaunch Me Regarding Interview Preparation Coaching?
Our coaches have significant interview experience both working in agency recruitment as well as in in-house talent acquisition roles recruiting for a range of professional services firms and organisations. We understand what the recruiter, talent acquisition manager and/or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate and we will teach you to ‘think like a recruiter’.
If you have any questions about the services we offer, or if you’d like to book a consultation with one of our coaches or writers, please feel free to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.
Join the Relaunch Me Academy
Join us now to receive 'The Must-Have Job Search Guide' as well as exclusive access to the Relaunch Me Academy with other freebies, products and upcoming courses.