Podcast Episode #36 Scientist to Award – Winning Airbnb Owner, an interview with Sarah Andrews
Designer, Stylist, Storyteller, Author, Innkeeper, Teacher, Collaborator, Photographer, Adventurer, and Sailor – Sarah Andrews is a lady of many talents and has a great career story to share.
In this episode, Leah interviewed Sarah Andrews, owner of iconic Tassie Airbnb, Captain’s Rest and creator of The Hosting Masterclass, an entire school, which teaches micro-hoteliers the secret of her success as an Airbnb owner, from choosing a property, all the way to being booked out year-round.
In this episode, Leah and Sarah discussed:
- How Sarah commenced her career working in the corporate world and when she made the decision to do something different
- How she came to be stranded in Mexico with no passport, no money and only the wet clothes on her back
- How this led Sarah to re-evaluate her life and what she loved
- How Sarah saw the potential in a run-down cottage in Strahan, Tasmania and how she has transformed it into a highly successful Airbnb in less than three years
- Pros and cons of running an Airbnb as a business
- What is The Hosting Masterclass all about
- Sarah’s key piece of advice for anyone considering setting up their own AirBnB
For further details about Captains Rest or Sarah’s workshops or masterclass, see the links below:
The Hosting Masterclass visit: https://www.thehostingmasterclass.com/
Follow Sarah: https://www.instagram.com/sarahandrews.co/?hl=en
Captains Rest: https://www.instagram.com/captainsrest/?hl=en
The Hosting Masterclass: https://www.instagram.com/thehostingmasterclass/?hl=en