Podcast Episode #26 Marketing to Fashion Label Founder with Emily Manley and Sarah Hose
If you are considering a career in fashion or starting your own label, then this episode is a must-listen!
Emily Manley, Career & Interview Coach from Relaunch Me, interviews Sophie Hose, founder of Melbourne fashion label Tahlo, about her journey from working in various corporate marketing & strategy roles to starting her own women’s fashion label.
Tahlo is an early-stage fashion technology company that aims to solve workwear for busy professional women – allowing them to reduce the hassle associated with finding clothes whilst allowing them to celebrate their own personal style and brand in a work-appropriate, simple, repeatable way.
In this episode, Emily and Sophie discuss:
- How Soph came to start her career in marketing and communications
- What she found frustrating about working in marketing
- How she first became interested in textiles design
- How an experiment inspired her to start her own business
- Her inspiration for starting Tahlo and what gets her out of bed every morning
- Sophie’s advice for others considering a career in fashion
- What she has learnt since starting her own label 3 years ago
- What she misses about working in a corporate environment
- What is next for Tahlo and Sophie Hose
If you would like to follow Tahlo or check out their latest range, you can find more information at the following links: